Embera Village Day Trip.
This tour has the perfect mix for a relaxing day in the jungle along with learning, sharing, and experiencing the lifestyle of the indigenous Embera people. You can admire the scenery while your canoe makes its way through the jungle, have the experience of walking in a tropical rainforest, enjoy swimming or wading at the locals’ favorite waterfall, and eat a delicious typical meal. These are some of the highlights for the day.
After your hotel pickup, you will ride by car to the port where our hosts will be waiting to start with a canoe ride up the river through the jungle. After 20 – 30 minutes of traveling by canoe, a walk through the rainforest will take you to the waterfall for relaxing, swimming or wading. Our day will continue with the visit to the community. Arriving at the village you will be greeted by its members, and will be able to explore the community and get a feel for how its people live and work. Many community members and their families will be around and happy to visit with you. A representative of the village will give a brief talk about the local culture, lifestyle, and crafts, as well as answer any of your questions.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Chagres River and National Park
- Departure: 8:00 am (Approx.)
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated Nature Guide
- Tour category: Outdoor & Cultural experience
What is included?
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entrances fees to Chagres National Park
- Embera traditional lunch (Plantains, fresh fish and tropical fruits)
- Dug-out canoe ride, short jungle hike and waterfall visit
- Spanish & English-speaking tour leader
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Bathing suit and water shoes
- Insect repellent
- Hat and extra clothes
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Please note that this tour is not physically demanding, however participants should feel comfortable entering and exiting an unstable motorboat.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unfortunate events.
Is this experience for me?
Participants should feel comfortable entering and exiting a canoe and some trail walking through the jungle crossing small creeks. For those with physical limitations, there is also the option to wait for the other participants in the community instead of walking the trail, or skip this portion of the tour.
This tour is done with a small group. The tour will be guided by a certified guide, with an average of 4-5 people on the tour.
Reserve this Tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.