Rainforest Nature Walk in Soberania National Park, and Pipeline Road
The visit to Soberania National Park includes a professional certified nature guide that will help you to spot wildlife, and provide you with information about the natural history of the park and trails. There will also be an interpretative explanation about the different interactions that take place in the rainforest ecosystem.
Soberania National Park offers an incredible glance at the local biodiversity of flora and fauna, being a refuge of almost 50% of all the bird and mammal species found in Panama; including toucans, motmots and trogons; an array of mammals such as monkeys, agoutis, and two and three-toed sloths; unique insects, amphibians, trees, and plants.
In order to increase the possibilities of seeing wildlife on the walk, your guide will pick you up early. On your way to the park, you will also have the opportunity to stop briefly at a market. At the park, we will make a quick stop to view bird species that inhabit a local pond. Then it’s jungle time! The walk will take roughly 3.5 hours along the Pipeline road, with a break along the way.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Soberania National Park
- Departure time: 6:15 a.m. (Approx.)
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Hike Duration: 3 hours approx.
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated Nature Guide
- Tour category: Outdoor & Wildlife observation
- Type of terrain: Mostly flat and dirt trail
What is included?
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entrance fees to Soberania N.P.
- Refreshments (Tropical fruits)
- Spanish & English speaking tour leader
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Long pants and comfortable shoes for the hike
- Insect repellent
- Snacks & water
- Binoculars (Recommended)
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Please note that this tour has an early start and breakfast is not included. We recommend you to order a breakfast box at your hotel to bring with you, or just bring your own food to eat on the way.
- Depending on your request, availability, or weather conditions, this tour can be scheduled for a morning start: 6:15 am – 12:30 pm, or an afternoon start: 2:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unforseen events.
- Prices shown apply for participants 12 and up. Children from 7-11 receive a 50% discount. Children 6 and under are free.
Is this experience for me?
This experience connects travelers with nature and the ecosystems of the area. A certified nature guide will provide travelers with interpretative information, your tour leader will carry first-class binoculars and scope that will help you to enjoy details of the wildlife of the area.
In order to watch wildlife and understand the interaction of flora and fauna in the rainforest, nature walks proceed at a relatively slow pace with no more than 6 people.
If your plan is to keep exploring Panama City after the tour, your tour guide can drop you off in at the following places without any additional cost: Miraflores Locks Visitor Center, Casco Viejo (old town), Metropolitan Park, Biomuseo, Ancon Hill, Amador Causeway, Cinta Costera, and Albrook Mall. Or just back at your Hotel.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.
There are no reviews yet.