Ancon Hill Nature & History Walk
Ancon Hill is located right in the heart of Panama City. As the highest peak within the city, it is the best spot for panoramic views and wildlife observation since it is also a protected area. This great location is 200 mts (650 ft) above sea level, making it the perfect vantage point to catch views of more than ten popular Panama City attractions from the same spot.
The walk will start at the base of the hill (the meeting point for this tour will be Mi Pueblito). Along the walk, one of our tour leaders will be giving explanations of the history of Panama City, and the flora & fauna that Ancon Hill has. Of course, your tour leader will be spotting local wildlife for you, like sloths, monkeys, toucans, agoutis and other unique animals that can be seen on our way up.
At the top of the hill, you will have the best panoramic views of all Panama City and surroundings, including the entrance to the canal, Casco Antiguo (Old Town), Bridge of the Americas, the Panama City skyline, all of the pacific Panama Canal locks (Miraflores, Pedro Miguel, and the new locks at Cocoli), The BioMuseo, Amador Causeway, and even views all the way to Taboga island and much more. Besides enjoying the panoramic views and getting great photos, your tour leader will provide you with historic information of each place that you see.
To complement this experience, we also will visit Mi Pueblito, an exhibition center of some of the classic architecture of Panamanian homes that can be found in the countryside. It is a charming center for visitors to learn about some of the different Panamanian cultural elements and lifestyles.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Ancon Hill (Panama City)
- Departure: 8:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- Tour Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Walk Duration: 1.5 hours approx.
- Start/Finalize: At the base of the Hill
- Level of difficulty: Easy/Moderate
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 8)
- Staff: Certificated nature tour guide
- Tour category: City History & Wildlife observation
What is included?
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Comfortable transportation
- Entrance fees to Mi Pueblito (Exposition of Panamanian folklore and traditional houses).
- Spanish & English speaking tour guide
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes for the Walk
- Insect repellent
- Snacks & water
- Rain gear or umbrella (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Please note that the difficulty level will depend on the participants’ physical conditions. Participants should feel comfortable walking at a leisurely pace up inclines in warm, humid conditions.
- Tour details or the order of scheduled stops in our description may change due to traffic, severe rain, or unforeseen events.
- Prices shown apply for participants 12 and up. Children from 7-11 receive a 50% discount. Children 6 and under are free.
Is this experience for me?
This tour is done with a small group, or a private option also available. The tour will be guided by a certified guide, with an average of 2-6 people on the tour.
Your tour guide will provide details and interpretation about nature and history of the Republic of Panama, and Panama City area.
Participants must feel comfortable walking an inclined road for about 40 minutes in tropical weather.
Reserve This Tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.