Metropolitan Park Nature Walk
The Metropolitan Park is just a few minutes from the city center, and is considered the lungs of Panama City since it offers lush forest in contrast to the bustling metropolis. Because of the convenient location and panoramic views that the park has, the Metropolitan Park is one of the most favorite places to visit for nature enthusiasts looking for a quick day excursion.
On this tour, you will be accompanied by a certified nature tour guide that is very familiar with the park and knows where to look for different species of interest. Your tour leader will take you through different trails providing you with information about the flora and fauna, and also spotting any type of wildlife for you. On this tour you will not miss any detail about the park and natural history.
On this tour you can observe wildlife such as sloths, toucans, different species of monkeys, birds, agouties, coatis, butterflies, frogs, reptiles and much more!
In order to increase the possibilities to see as much wildlife as possible, your guide will pick you up early. This is because the morning is generally the best time of the day to see wildlife in action, and the temperature is still cool and comfortable for walking.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Metropolitan Park (Panama City)
- Departure time: 6:30 a.m. (Approx.)
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Hike Duration: 3.5 hours approx.
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated Nature Guide
- Tour category: Outdoor & Wildlife observation
- Type of terrain: Mostly flat dirt trails with some hills
What is included?
- Comfortable transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entrances fees to the Metropolitan Park
- Refreshments (Tropical fruits)
- Spanish & English speaking nature tour guide
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Long pants and comfortable shoes for the hike
- Insect repellent
- Snacks & water
- Binoculars (Recommended)
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Depending on your request, availability, or weather conditions, this tour can be scheduled for a morning start (6:30 am to 12:00 pm), or in the afternoon starting at 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unforseen events.
- Prices shown apply for participants 12 and up. Children from 7-11 receive a 50% discount. Children 6 and under are free.
Is this experience for me?
A certified nature guide will provide you with interpretative information of the forest and animals. In order to watch wildlife and understand the interaction of flora and fauna in the forest, nature walks proceed at a relatively slow pace with no more than 6 people.
The walk along the trails of the park is relatively easy, although there are some short steep hills to ascend and descend. Participants will be walking in tropical weather, which is usually humid and warm. Because of this we recommend staying hydrated.
If your plan is to keep exploring Panama City after the tour, your tour guide can drop you off in at the following places without any additional cost: Miraflores Locks Visitor Center, Casco Viejo (old town), Biomuseo, Ancon Hill, Amador Causeway, Cinta Costera, and Albrook Mall. Or just back at your Hotel.
Reserve this Tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.