Hiking and River Canyon Adventure
Our day begins with a short drive (about 1 hour) to visit Altos de Campana National Park, and a lookout area. Here you can admire the views of mountains and the Pacific coast. From there, we will start our hike to the highest lookout point, where the view is even better!
Adventure begins with the hike through the jungle with hills and irregular terrain, where you can admire the trees draped with bromeliads, lichens, mosses, orchids, plants and flowers all the way to the top of the summit. Upon arrival at the summit, we will have time to rest and enjoy the fresh air and cool breeze at this peaceful spot. After descending and finishing the hike, we will have a break for lunch, and head to a nearby river where you can relax after the hike, cool off, and admire the unique geology of the canyon walls, some over 8 meters high that line either side of the river. There are fun spots for climbing, jumping, swimming, or just sitting in the shade and admiring the landscape.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Altos de Campana N.P.
- Departure time: Customized
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Hike Duration: 2.5 hours approx.
- Level of difficulty: Moderate
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated Nature Guide
- Tour category: Outdoor
- Type of terrain: Dirt trail & steep slopes
- Vertical distance to hike: 250 mts.
What is included?
- Comfortable transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entrance fees to Altos de Campana N.P.
- Picnic lunch and refreshments
- Cooler with ice for anything that you want to keep cold
- Spanish & English-speaking nature tour leader
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Long pants and comfortable shoes for the hike
- Bathing suit and extra clothes
- Insect repellent
- Towel and flip flops
- Extra snacks & water
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unforseen events.
- The minimum age for the hike is 12 years old.
- The private tour option is available
Is this experience for me?
Unlike some of our other hikes, this hike will take you from 600 mts above sea level all the way up to 900 mts in a cloud forest, with spectacular views of the Pacific coast below. Relaxing, swimming and enjoying nature will complement your experience for a perfect day.
This hike has a moderate level of difficulty, however it is a short hike. That said, hikers should feel prepared to hike with some mud along a dirt trail and up steep slopes. Participants should feel comfortable walking along uneven terrain with humidity for 2.5 hours or more. You will be guided by a certified nature guide that will take you to some of the best spots of the park.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.