Nature Walk at Pipeline Road and Panama Rainforest Discovery Center
The Panama Rainforest Discovery Center is located right next to the Soberania National Park, the famous Pipeline Road, and near to Gamboa Town. This is an environmental facility founded to protect, educate and conserve this beautiful ecosystem.
The fun of our tour starts with the main attraction: a Canopy Tower that is 40 meters (100fts.) high above the ground, this is the perfect place to spend the first hours of the morning watching wildlife that frequents the rainforest canopy early morning like monkeys, sloth, toucans, parrots, raptors, and many other species of birds, such as the beautiful Blue Cotinga (One of the most popular birds to see from the tower). The tour continues through the different trails that the center has, and at the same time that you are contemplating the beauty of the rainforest, your tour leader will be spotting and pointing out wildlife, as well as providing you with information about the animals that you will see.
After the walk, we will visit one of the other main attractions of this place: the hummingbird center. Here it is possible to see and photograph many different species of hummingbirds just in front of you. Our final stop will be a walk on the famous Pipeline Road trail to spot different birds, mammals or amphibians of this area.
In order to increase the possibilities to see as much wildlife as possible, your guide will pick you up early. This is because early morning is the best time of the day to see many species and the temperature is still cool and comfortable for walking.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Panama Rainforest Discovery Center
- Departure time: About 6:00 a.m. (Approx.)
- Duration: 6.5 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Level of difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated Nature Guide
- Tour category: Outdoor & Wildlife observation
- Type of trail: Mostly flat dirt trail
What is included?
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Comfortable transportation
- Entrances fees to Panama Rainforest Discovery Center
- Entrances Fees to Soberania N.P.
- Refreshments (Tropical fruits) & Coffee
- Spanish & English speaking tour leader
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Long pants and comfortable shoes for the hike
- Insect repellent, hat and sun cream
- Extra snacks & water
- Binoculars (Recommended)
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Please note that this tour has an early start and breakfast is not included. We recommend that you order a breakfast box at your hotel to bring with you, or just bring your own food to eat on the way.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unforseen events.
- Prices shown apply for participants 12 and up. Children from 7-11 receive a 50% discount. Children 6 and under are free.
Is this experience for me?
Participants must feel comfortable walking 40 mts up a staircase to the top of the canopy tower.
Your tour leader will carry first-class binoculars and scope that will help you to enjoy details of the wildlife of the area. Through the scope, participants can take photos with their cell phone (Digiscoping) so that you can document close-up memories of your experience to take with you!
In order to watch wildlife and understand the interaction of flora and fauna in the rainforest, nature walks proceed at a relatively slow pace with no more than 6 people and early morning to increase the opportunities to see wildlife.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.