Casco Viejo Walking Tour
This walking tour begins exploring the Avenida Central area, a famous neighborhood popular with locals that will transport you instantly to Panama’s past. A long pedestrian corridor lined with shops, fruit stands, and street merchants, our tour recounts some of the historic curiosities that have shaped Panama City’s older neighborhoods and culture. From the famous Sal si Puedes (Get Out if you can) narrow covered markets to the open waterfront with views of the city skyline, get to know this unique corner of Panama City.
The walk will then take you to some of the most popular spots for locals and visitors alike in the colonial neighborhood including: Plaza Herrera, Plaza de Francia, Plaza Bolivar, Plaza de la Independencia, church of San Jose, the famous Cathedral, Santo Domingo church, the “bóvedas” or dungeons, the National Theater, and other interesting sites that Casco has to offer. There will also be opportunities to visit artisan shops, coffee shops, ice cream parlors, and restaurants to make the most of your day in one of the most popular neighborhoods of Panama.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Casco Viejo (Old Town)
- Departure time: Costomized
- Duration: 2.5 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: : In Casco Viejo
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Staff: Certificated tour guide
- Tour category: City sightseeing, culture & History
What is included?
- Experienced tour guide
- Guided visit to all Casco Viejo popular places
- Central avenue visit
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Light, comfortable clothes
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Additional water
- Rain gear (Rainy season: May to Dec.)
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, or unfortunate events.
- Meeting point will be Plaza Herrera in Casco Viejo.
Is this experience for me?
This tour has been designed to explore Casco Viejo at your own pace. Friends, families, couples, or solo travelers can explore the streets of Casco Viejo and surroundings without any rush and enjoy a personalized experience.
This tour is not physically demanding and is excellent for people of all ages. However, please note that the weather in Panama is very hot and humid. We recommend bringing extra water and keeping hydrated. During the walk participants will have a break to sit and rest anytime that they need.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.