Snorkeling & Relaxation on a Remote Island in the Caribbean.
After your pickup, we will drive about 2.5 hours to the Caribbean side of Panama, near the town of Portobelo. From the coast we will take a small boat for 10 minutes to get to a remote island surrounded by beautiful coral reefs, and vast populations of fishes. It also has a small beautiful beach to enjoy most of the day.
During the time on the beach, you will have time to walk and explore the island, go swimming, read a book, or just enjoy the Caribbean scenery and do nothing!
To complement your day, we will visit the historic town of Portobelo. Here you can explore historic forts that were attacked and nearly destroyed by pirates, visit the Church of the Black Christ of Portobelo and learn about Afro-Caribbean culture.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Portobelo
- Departure time: Customized
- Duration:8 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certified General tour Guide
- Tour category: Relaxing and beach day
What is included?
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Round trip boat ride to the island
- Picnic lunch & refreshments
- cooler with ice and water for extra drinks that you may bring
- Spanish & English-speaking tour leader
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Bathing suit and towel
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Extra snacks & water
- Extra clothes
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people.
- Tour details may change due to severe rain, river conditions, or unforseen events.
- Around the island, there is a reef where it is possible to go snorkeling, however snorkeling is not included in the official tour itinerary. Participants that wish to go snorkeling should bring their own snorkeling gear, and advise their guide that they will be snorkeling at their own risk.
Is this experience for me?
Please note that this tour is not physically demanding, however on the beach there is no boat dock, and participants should feel comfortable entering and exiting a motorboat on the beach, wading through shallow water with some small waves.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.