Panama City and Canal Tour.
Panama City is one of the most diverse cities of Central America, with a lot of places to visit, history to learn, different architectures to explore, and cultures to experience. The day starts with an early visit to the Panamá Canal, specifically the Miraflores Visitor Center, to learn about the operation and history of the Canal since 1914. To complement the information about the Canal history from the visitor center, your guide also will drive you to the former Canal Zone, the Panama Canal Administration building and other places related to the Panama Canal history.
To enjoy an incredible view and photo opportunities of the city skyline, we will take you to the Amador Causeway with views of the entire city, nearby islands, coastline and Bridge of the Americas (the Canal entrance). This is also the perfect place to hear how the city has been growing and expanding over the last 500 years. At the Amador Causeway you will also have the opportunity to walk around and take photos of the Bio-Museum and other interesting nearby sights.
To complement your experience, your tour guide will drive you through the heart of the city to see different sections and architecture that the city has. The rest of the afternoon will be to learn and explore on a walking tour through the Casco Antiguo, the colonial city of Panama built in 1673, with beautiful narrow streets and buildings constructed during the Spanish rule.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Panama City
- Departure time: Customized
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 8)
- Staff: Certificated tour guide
- Tour category: City sightseeing, culture & History
What is included?
- Comfortable transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Experimented Spanish and English speaking guides
- Guided walking tour through Casco Viejo
- Visit to the Amador Causeway
- Visit the old Panama Canal Zone downtown
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Light, comfortable clothes
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Additional water
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arrange.
- Please note that this tour doesn’t includes entrance fees to Miraflores Visitor Center.
- Tour details may change due to traffic, severe rain, or unfortunate events.
Is this experience for me?
This tour has been designed to explore Panama City on your way. Friends, families, couples, or solo travels can explore all that Panama City has to offer without any rush and enjoy a personalized experience.
This tour is not physically demanding and is excellent for people of all ages. However, please note that the weather in Panama is very hot and hummed. We recommend to bring extra water and keep hydrated.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.