Private Panama City and Canal Tour.
Our day begins exploring the most modern side of the city to observe the development and modern architecture of Panama City over the last 15 years. Later you can learn a bit of local history traveling through Panama’s old downtown and the former Canal Zone as we share the history of how Panama’s management of the Panama Canal came to be. At the Miraflores Locks Visitors Center, learn about the operation of the Canal itself. Finally, you can also visit the Amador Causeway where you will have the chance to take great photos of the city skyline, and later have a break for lunch to give you the opportunity to enjoy some delicious Panamanian cuisine.
Additionally, you will visit the Bridge of the Americas for a great photo opportunity of the Panama Canal entrance. To end the day with a truly unique Panamanian experience, we’ll stop by the Mercado de Mariscos (fish market), and later finish with one of the most popular walking tours along the colonial streets of Casco Viejo.
Details about this tour:
- Location: Panama City
- Departure time: Customized
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Start/Finalize: Your hotel in Panama City center
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Group size: Small (Min. 2, Max. 6)
- Staff: Certificated tour guide
- Tour category: City sightseeing, culture & history
What is included?
- Private & comfortable transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Experienced Spanish and English speaking guide
- Guided walking tour through Casco Viejo
- Visit to the Amador Causeway
- Visit the old Panama Canal Zone
- Drive through the modern city and banking district
- Explore the popular fish market
- 7% ITBMS
What to bring?
- Light, comfortable clothes
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Additional water
- Prices shown are in USD, per person, and based on a minimum of 2 people. For solo travelers the tour can also be arranged.
- Tour details may change due to traffic, severe rain, or unforseen events.
- Please note that during the pandemic many museums and visitor centers have been closed periodically with little to no notice. If the day of the tour they are closed, we will refund you the cost of the entrance fees.
Is this experience for me?
This tour has been designed to explore Panama City at your own pace. Friends, families, couples, or solo travels can explore all that Panama City has to offer without any rush and enjoy a personalized experience.
This tour is not physically demanding and is excellent for people of all ages. However, please note that the weather in Panama is very hot and humid. We recommend bringing extra water and keeping hydrated.
Reserve this tour
Please fill out the form below with your booking request. Payment is not requested until we verify availability for the dates that you are requesting, and also review any special request that you might have. By booking with us you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. If you have any question of how booking works, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for booking, and our 3 easy steps to book with us.